Monday, September 20, 2010

Morning Coffee

Come sit awhile and have a coffee, Im glad you stopped by.
I sat and had my morning coffee with my King this morning, I thought over what some of my greatest needs are and I also thought over what some of my greatest answers to prayer are and they are almost the same.

I remember the days of waiting on God for answers, miraculous answers to prayer- struggling through hardship in a season of IVF and feelings of hopelessness, inadequacy and desperation, to be blessed so miraculously with this lil baby- a lil baby that I should have never been able to have, a lil baby that showed me God cares about the desires of my heart, she is indeed a pure gift of God.

Today I still struggle and pray for her- the prayers are different- now they focus on managing illness and hope and aches of a mumma's heart. Again I see  the Mighy Hand of God on our life. A lil toddler being restored by His Grace. The daily provision of energy and health that is building her lil body everyday. Healing that is stregnthening her lil mind everyday. We are having more good days with bad patches and slowly and gently God is leading me in lessons of patience and love.

In my prayers for healing for my sweet lil one, God has gently bought healing for me too. He has taken this time of suffering and drawn me gently and lovingly to Himself. I have felt comfort and security coming through the darkest times, a reassurance and a safety that I cant explain.

How can good come from hardship?- in the natural it cant.
But "In Christ all things work for good for those who love the Lord and are called for His purpose" (Romans 8.28)

How is God sustaining you in your current season? I would love to pray for you as we stop for a quiet coffee with the King.

3 comments:

  1. Great post, We are needing a job. Husband lost his job. Please Pray!
    kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is encouraging to reflect on hardships we have already overcome. I'll say a prayer for your lil baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Carolyn - I really enjoyed reading through some of your blog today and for the season of life that I find myself in... this quote from your post above spoke volumes to me: "I thought over what some of my greatest needs are and I also thought over what some of my greatest answers to prayer are and they are almost the same". SO true...

    ReplyDelete