Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Puppet

I'm trying to get in agreement with:
Psalm 27:1,3

"Light, space, zest-- that's God! So, with him on my side I'm fearless, afraid of no one and nothing. When besieged, I'm calm as a baby. When all hell breaks loose, I'm collected and cool."
Fear and worry and reasoning sneak back in and steal my peace.
I do get afraid.
Life happens, my toddler gets sick, my hubby goes away, my teen comes unstuck- I want this calmness and peace- not to be subject to circumstances like a puppet on a string.
I am reading to try to find an answer to grabbing hold of this peace.

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is totally cute! I see Jesus is here, so that's a definite plus.

    Have a blessed weekend, mate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Dad is the perfect example of optimism and faith; he loves life no matter what it has to offer.

    He describes his days as either "good" or "great." A "good" day means he is happy to be alive, despite the annoying cancer that is doing its best to take his life. A "great" day is usually when the pain is not too severe, and my mother and I are by his side looking at old photos and sharing stories about life.

    I need not look any further than my Dad for inspiration, and I shall carry his positive attitude with me during my journey with Parkinson's Disease. God is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful lesson to learn! God's peace is "perfect peace"!

    ReplyDelete